4th POLYCARBONATE SHEET ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN CONTEST
SHUTTER TWINWALL EDITION
THEME: “BEAUTY, PURPOSE, SUSTAINABILITY”
- The competition aims to generate insights, visions, ideas and proposals that help us envision the concepts and designs of the future.
- It also wants to promote scholastic excellence and competence through healthy and fair competition and at the same time, provide a venue for interaction amongst student and teachers from other schools.
“Beauty. Purpose. Sustainability.”
III. DESIGN CHALLENGE:
Build your most innovative and ecofriendly design with SHUTTER POLYCARBONATE SHEETS.
IV. COMPETITION GUIDELINES:
This competition is for ARCHITECTURE STUDENTS only.
Competition entries must be the work of an individual.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
Interested participants must demonstrate that they fulfill the eligibility criteria by completing the registration form and by providing the requested information as attachment.
- School ID
- Latest Study Load/Enrollment Slip
B. Entry Guidelines
The entry should reflect the theme of the contest and the following criteria.
All designs may not have been previously published before February 2017
Each participant is only allowed to submit 1 entry.
A. PRELIMINARY JUDGING: TOP TEN DESIGN SELECTION
For selected TOP 10 designs (1 winner only for each university), the student will receive P 3,000.00 cash prize.
Winning design will be the school’s entry to the main competition.
B. ONLINE CONTEST (FACEBOOK LIKE AND SHARE)
TOP 10 designs to be posted in the official Sunshield Facebook Fan Page.
Entry with highest total score on Facebook like and share will receive the MOST POPULAR AWARD.
C. FINAL JUDGING
From the TOP 10 selected designs, invited judges will select TOP 3 winners based on the given criteria.
July 3 -August 25 August 31, 2017 (extended)
Registration and submission of Entry
August 31, 2017 September 5, 2017 (extended)
(Phase 1) Preliminary Judging
September 8, 2017 (10am)
Announcement of TOP 10
September 8, 2017 (10am) – October 6, 2017 (1pm)
(Phase 2) Online Contest (most popular award)
October 6, 2017 October 11, 2017
(Phase 3) Final Judging
October 9, 2017 October 12, 2017
Announcement of Winner
V. PRESENTATION FORMAT
A. Students are allowed to use any media (3D software or sketch). However, all entries must be presented in digital image format (.jpg). The maximum size of design is not more 24”x36” in300dpi.
- Design presentation should contain front view, top view and side view.
Sample presentation template:
B. The design proposal must include a 150 words or less description save in PDF file to make it fully understandable.
Any other types of presentation will be disqualified.
C. All board entries must be submitted electronically on or before August 25, 2017 August 31, 2017 to SEA Olympus Marketing, Inc. email address: email@example.com.
D. Registration must be completed prior to project submission.
- Preliminary judging for will be conducted by SOMI TEAM (MARKETING HEAD, MARKETING QA, PMT, and ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT) to verify projects meet required competition rules and requirements.
- Final judging will be conducted by an appointed panel of 3-5 judges. The jury will be composed of Professional Architects, Civil Engineer and SOMI Personnel. Winners will be notified of the competition results directly.
- Entries will be evaluated upon design merit, quality of innovative ideas and the impact of the proposal to the theme. Each design will be judged by a panel of experts based on the following criteria:
Originality, Innovations and Uniqueness of Design = 20%
Functionality and build ability = 30%
Relevance to the theme = 20%
Facebook share = 15%
Facebook likes = 5% (all reactions are counted)
Clear and easily comprehensible design - both architectural and structural = 10%
MOST POPULAR AWARD (Facebook Like and Share)
- All entries that passed in the preliminary judging will be posted on Sunshield Facebook Fan Page and to be qualified for the most popular design awards.
- Winners will be determined through the most number of likes (all reaction counted) and shares.
Guidelines for the Most Popular Award:
- Contest period is from September 8 (10:00 am) – October 6 (1:00 pm)
- 1 entry with the highest number of likes and shares will be declared winner.
- Announcement of winners will be on October 9, 2017.
- Using of dummy accounts is not allowed. All likes using dummy accounts will be considered invalid.
- Winners declared by SOMI are final.
The author's rights for a competition entry remain with the author. SEA Olympus Marketing Inc. is entitled to make use of the winning entries for our websites or in other marketing promotions related to Polycarbonate Sheets.
- PHASE 1: P3, 000 per school winning TOP 10 (to be sent through Cebuana Pera Padala)
- PHASE 2: MOST POPULAR AWARD - P5,000 Cash
1st PRIZE - DELL Inspiron 5447 i5 for the student**
- PHP5,000 worth of GC for Class Adviser**
2nd PRIZE - SAMSUNG ANDROID PHONE**
3rd PRIZE - 4TB External Drive**
**or any approved equivalent
Click link to register: http://sunshield.com.ph/polycarbonate-sheet-competition/
For questions and verification, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at Cel. #09173148031
Follow our FACEBOOK PAGE: facebook.com/SunshieldSheets
For More details about the product, visit www.sunshield.com.ph